NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Shark Attack Kills Triathlete

Dave Martin, a member of the Triathlon Club of San Diego, was killed on Friday while swimming at Solano Beach near San Diego. He was out for a training swim with eight other tri club members. Apparently, sharks can mistake a person in a wet suit for a seal.

The last shark attack in San Diego was in 1994, and the last one in the Los Angeles area was near Malibu in 1995.

It all gives me pause before I head to Manhattan Beach tomorrow morning to swim.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so saddened to read about that yesterday.

I hope your swim was uneventful and that you're safe from the fires I'm reading about today, too!

Unknown said...

That's too bad, very sad indeed. At least the chances are incredibly low, it is probably something you do not need to worry about. Stay safe though!