NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Art of the Tofu Scramble

Craving scrambled eggs? Try this healthy alternative:

Saute chopped onions in a frying pan with a little bit of water or Bragg's liquid amino acids (but go easy if you're watching your salt consumption!). No need for oil or margarine. Then add garlic.

Then add mashed or cubed extra-firm tofu. Mix in the vegetables of your choice -- I like spinach, peas, carrots, or sweet potatoes.

Add some spices for flavor -- I like coriander. oregano, black pepper, turmeric, and chili powder.

Saute for another 5-6 minutes and enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think tofu scramble is really good with shredded carrot and curry powder. Oh, and I tried to print out your tips for a healthy heart from your last post; I wanted to stick it on my fridge, since I have a strong family history of stroke and my husband has high cholesterol recalcitrant to diet & exercise and cannot take statin drugs. But I can't get the document to show up in a printer-friendly version. -victoria

Tuco said...

Hey!! It's Tuco from "Veggie Karma" and "Tuco Rides"

I've been reading an article that I think you'll find interesting, on a personal and professional level.

If you don't have access to "Primary Care" let me know and I can email you a copy of the article.

Common Foods and Farming Methods Thought to Promote Health: What the Data Show

Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice - Volume 35, Issue 4 (December 2008)

John Chahbazi, MDa,
Shelly Grow, MS

Kristy said...

Isa's Tofu Scramble from Vegan With a Vengeance is AWESOME!