NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Looming Olympic Distance Tri

After my ankle sprain, I thought seriously about whether or not to keep my spot in the LA Triathlon. My ankle was ridiculously swollen and black and blue. Running on it was painful, so I didn't run for the first week. Even kicking while in the pool hurt.

I changed my goal for the race to endurance, rather than speed. I've done plenty of sprint tris, now for my first olympic distance tri, I just want to finish. I may be DFL (dead f........ last), but I'll finish.

My training hasn't been crazy. I do weights for an hour three days a week with my trainer and then six cardio sessions, about 45 minutes to an hour and a half each. I haven't doubled up on workouts much either, in other words, usually just one workout a day. And I think I'm enjoying my training more that way.

One more week. I'm a little nervous.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You're gonna rock it! You've got such a solid base -- take care of the ankle, though, Doc!

And first of all, I know you're going to be solidly in the middle of the pack, IF not at the front! But one of the cool things about getting passed in the L.A. triathlon is that you'll probably get to see some fun celebrities blow by you. And wouldn't running behind someone like, say, Matthew McConaughy make you run just a teensy bit faster to check out his tushy for an extra minute?

Anonymous said...

I'll be rooting for you!!!

All you triathletes are so inspiring! I'm starting to think it's a clever conspiracy to get us runners thinking bike and swim, too... :)