NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Burnout

I'm finding it hard to stick to my workout schedule. First off, I'm still getting over this upper respiratory infection, which while I'm feeling better, is sapping me of my energy. And I just don't feel like working out.

It will be a relief for the marathon to be over. I'm ready to change up my routine. It's been two days weights, five days running, and three days cycling for weeks on end. I haven't been in a pool for months!

One big change is that I'm changing my coach. Mary, my current coach, is fabulous, but she is in Rochester, NY -- if I still lived there, I'd definitely stick with her. But, I need to be better connected to the local tri community. More than just being a member of the LA Tri Club, I need to know which of the many workouts in a week are suited to my goals.

I've chosen to work with Triathletix, a local triathlete coaching company. Tonight I had the opportunity to speak to Jamie, my new coach, and I'm confident that he's going to put together a great program for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you still aren't feeling well. I (and about half a million other people here, apparently) had something similar in January, was sick for three weeks and still totally fatigued for a whole 'nother week even after I was officially better. It totally sucked. :(

That's so cool that there's tri-specific coaching there! I'm sure changing up your routine once the marathon is over will get you motivated again. :)

Charlie said...

I just tagged you. It's a pain, but I hope you do it anyway!

The rules are as follows:
# Link to the person who tagged you
# Post the rules on your blog.
# Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
# Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
# Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged.

Charlie.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ahh, I do hope that you are back to complete health very soon, Heather - good luck with your new coach!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better! Good luck with the new coach.

urban vegan said...

Don't overdo it....maybe a rest or cut-back schedule is in order for a few days?

Hang in there and feel better!