NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Friday, February 15, 2008

Sick :(


I hate slowing down. It makes me feel like I'm lazy.

I've come down with a sore throat and feel exhausted. Maybe I'm a little better this evening. I haven't exercised in two days, which feels really strange.

Many people around me have been sick with a similar illness, and I took pride in the fact that I haven't been ill in over a year. Maybe I brag about it a bit -- I attribute it to a healthy vegan diet and being a triathlete.

The marathon is in sixteen days. Tomorrow is supposed to be a ten mile run. I really want to do it. I am not terribly close to anyone in the group, but I just like running with other people. Right now I don't feel up to it. Maybe I will in the morning? I hope I do. Maybe I'll run with the 11:30's instead of the 10:30 per mile pace group that I usually run with.

Or maybe I should just skip it. That's going to feel really weird. I'm going to see what I feel like when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Update, Saturday February 16: I did not run. Instead I walked a couple miles, to and from Trader Joe's. Getting outside, I realized that running just wasn't a good idea today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you're sick. That sucks. :(

Probably better to take the rest now you need to completely recover, though, than to drag out your recovery so close to the race.

Feel better soon!

urban vegan said...

I'm glad you skipped the run. I know how you feel--I am very active and also take pride in the fact that I never get sick when everyone around me is sneezing and wheezing. And when I occasionally do get sick, I find it even harder to slow down my busy life.
You'll be fine for the marathon--can't wait to read about it. We're in your corner, rooting away for you!

Cate said...

I hope you are feeling better now!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

oh no!! get well soon, Heather!! take a break from the running for sure, and get plenty of rest so that your body can fully recover. hang in there!

Unknown said...

Feel better soon! Good luck with the big race! I think you did the right thing in skipping your long run- if you're ready for your race, you're ready- whether you do another long run or not- and it sounds like you're ready.

Anonymous said...

Heather;
You are the most gutsie, personally responsible, & talented individuals I know!
I feel that you are pushing your self too hard!
At your age, an Ablative Cardioversion is a powerful "Wake-up" call!
Back-off! Take time to smell the roses.
You are already a very skilled & successful Cardiologist in your own business.
Your Co-Authored Paper on "B" natriuretic Peptide is quite fascinating. the ION kid