NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Monday, July 27, 2009

I'm going to be an IronWoman!

I decided to take the plunge..... I just registered for Ironman Lake Placid 2010, on July 25, 2010.

I had signed up for an ironman-distance race last year, but I wasn't feeling ready to put in the training. With my heart not being in it, I decided to drop out and wait until my heart was really in it.

In this sport, and really in anything in life, there's always bigger and better. When I started this sport and was doing sprint races, I thought one day I might do an olympic distance race. Now having completed four half-ironman distance races, I'm ready and excited to take the next big step.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Awesome! That is one BIG plunge!

Anonymous said...

Wow. The whole concept of an Olympic distance IronMan really scares me. Maybe you could post a little about the relevant science?

The reason I ask is, my body gives out after a 9 mile run. My plantar fascitis acts up, my hip and knee joints start screaming, and on hot days I become nauseated and weak from electrolyte imbalance. After a mere NINE MILES. And yes, I built up to this distance VERY SLOWLY, over the course of a year. A 9 mile run is NOTHING compared to what you're going to do.

So how is an Iron Man even possible for any being that belongs to the same species as I do?

-victoria

VeganHeartDoc said...

Victoria,
With endurance exercise beyond an hour, nutrition and hydration are the key to being able to continue to perform. When running at least an hour, you should be drinking fluid with electrolytes, and beyond about two hours you need additional nutrition.

Willy D said...

I will see you there, hopefully we meet before then!! Ha ha!

You rock, keep it up!!