NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Monday, October 12, 2009

Dr. Oz -- Cowboy Goes Vegan to Save His Life

Rocco is a cowboy.  He's overweight, diabetic, and has a large amount of plaque in the arteries of his heart as demonstrated by a CT scan.  Dr. Oz challenges him to go vegan for 28 days with the goal of reversing his coronary disease and prolonging his life.

Watch the video here

Now, Rocco is similar to so many of my patients whom I see every day.  If he can become a vegan, then I'd say just about anyone with the right motivation can make important dietary changes to improve their health.

3 comments:

Vegan Valerie said...

I saw that episode of The Dr. Oz Show, too! I was so happy to see that the doctor was encouraging vegan choices that day. I wish he would discuss healthy compassionate choices EVERYDAY! I just wanted to say that it made me happy to see your post about the show!

I am also wondering if you know how I can best find a vegan or vegetarian doctor in my area. I live in Utah in the Salt Lake City area and am not sure of the best way to go about finding an MD that will understand me as a vegan. Do you have any suggestions?

Let me know!

It's been great talking to you! (And it's great to know that there are MD's out there that are vegan!)

VeganHeartDoc said...

Valerie, I'm sorry that I don't know of a vegan physician in your area. I recommend contacting PCRM (Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine) at www.pcrm.org; they may have some suggestions.

Vegan Valerie said...

Thank you SO much for your help! I will check out PCRM.org for more information. It means a lot to me that you would take the time to write me back. I really, really appreciate it! :)