NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Morningstar Farms Steak Strips and other Vegan Eating Adventures

mmmmm yummy!

Found them on my jaunt through the local health food store. Threw them in a wok with eggplant, broccoli, and a garlic sauce. Yum! The steak was a bit mushy since I didn't read the instructions that said to only cook it 3-4 minutes...oops!

Met 2 girlfriends for lunch. After an hour and a half Master Swim workout, I was super-hungry. I got a veggie-filled breakfast burrito with salsa and some home fries, only after my usual barrage of annoying vegan questions: Can you make that without the egg and cheese? Can you add more veggies? Is there any butter used to fry the burrito? What about the home fries that come with it -- any butter? Then after I saw the fruit of the day decided I had to eat that too. I was so full, and that was 3 hours ago, but I'm hungry again! Gotta feed the tapeworm.

Dinner will be sauteed sweet onions/shallots, a bit of canola oil, carrots, white beans, and veggie broth. I throw it in the food processor, and it looks nasty at first, but it is so yummy and full of protein and vitamins and is quite healthy.

2 comments:

VeganHeartDoc said...

I've never heard eggplant being called aubergine. I feel truly accultured. Thanks della :)

VeganHeartDoc said...

Yes, long purple vegetable. What's a courgette?