NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Vegan Food in Israel


This is from the buffet at Village Green (see the next post down). From upper left, there's sweet potatoes, tofu, couscous, eggplant and mushrooms, brown rice, and some sort of veggie medley. There was plently more on the buffet too.



Here's a typical Israeli salad bar meal. I have hummus, a tomato stew, cabbage, and a whole wheat roll. This is a meal that you can probably get at any salad bar or gas station in Israel.


Even El Al Airlines takes good care of the vegans! This is my breakfast on the plane -- a potato blintz with roasted eggplant and zucchini, some cold veggies, a whole wheat roll, some fruit, and vegan vanilla pudding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good. (Though I have to admit I'm a little put off by the idea of gas station hummus.)

KleoPatra said...

Wow! Vegan pudding on El Al. Time to make a trip to Israel... (one of these days, Aliyah for me... one of these days!)

Great looking buffet food there. Nice variety and i'll bet it is very tasty... Thanks for sharing.

sarchan said...

That's impressive. I tried Alpro products when I was in the UK. I didn't know they made pudding though. I'm miss them here in the States.