NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Running in May

May is my favorite month for running. Here in the northeast, it's the month when we finally get some nice weather after a blustery winter. The trees are in bloom, the weather is mild, not too hot, not too cold, perfect for running.

Today was my first speed workout in over four months -- now that I can consistently do three running workouts in a week, each at a distance of 3 to 5 miles, I decided it was time to try to get in some speed. I ran four two-minute pickups, or running at a faster than comfortable pace for two minutes, with two minutes of rest between each. Two of us ran together, and the girl I was with was a little faster than me, which pushed me a bit.

2 comments:

Sheree' said...

Ya for you Heather! I am glad you were able to do more and breath some nice fresh air. Way to go!

sp said...

Good for you! May is turning into my favorite month to run as well. The weather seems to be just right. I just ran a half marathon and posted one of my best times. Hurray for May.