NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Breakfast and my T2 Bag

Recently, I've changed what I eat for breakfast. Over the past year I've been working out most mornings before work, and I have found that just a bowl of cereal leaves me absolutely ravenous by 10 am. So, when I wake up I have a small bowl of cereal. Then, after my workout, I eat breakfast: oatmeal, soy yogurt, fruit, and orange juice. That keeps me full until lunch time.


The big triathlon is tomorrow!!! *fingers crossed* And this is the stuff that's going to go into my second transition bag, which I am dropping off at the race expo today. In a triathlon, there are two transitions: between the swim and bike, and between the bike and run. Because the LA Triathlon is a point-to-point course, and the bike begins at Venice Beach and ends in downtown LA, the second transition is in a different location as the first. So, today I have to pack my bag with everything I need for the second transition: shoes, socks, a hat, and Gu gel. And maybe a towel.

The "DB" hat was a gift from my program director back in Boston. It's a bizarre inside joke. But it's a good hat, fits well, keeps me cool during a run, so I use it a lot. And no one in LA knows what "DB" stands for :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!! You'll do great! I can't wait to read your race report! :)

heartsaver said...

I got the stent picture from google images. What I do is that at the end of the post I specify the source, which in this case is yahoo health. I hope everything is going well for you in the west coast.

Saludos,
Juan Rivera

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

looks like you are fueling yourself properly in the morning - you'll need the strength for the big race!! good luck!!! :0)

Jen said...

Can't wait to read about your race! I'm sure you did wonderfully :-)