NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Hydration, klutziness, and other pre-race thoughts

I need sodium while racing. Worst case scenario, I'm on the course for four hours. Gu gel just isn't going to cut it, I'm told. And I hate Gatorade. I tried the PowerBar Fruit Punch drink, which I found to be decent. I'd rather have the taste of plain water for my hydration, but I know I need the sodium.

The sprained ankle is healing, I guess. It's been 3 and a half weeks, and it's still quite swollen. I can do everything on it -- run, bike swim, weights, etc. At the end of a work day, it does hurt, especially if I'm wearing heels. So I've been a bit lazy and wearing scrubs quite a bit to work.

And speaking of being a klutz, I faceplanted yesterday while running. I tripped on the sidewalk and landed on my right side, scraping up my right knee, hip, and both palms. I got up, shook it off, and ran another 45 minutes. I don't know how often normal people trip and fall while running, but it seems to happen to me about twice a year.

Oh and one other thing... I think my weight is fine at 159 lbs. I don't want to lose any more weight. I don't need to.

All this rambling... can you tell I'm a little nervous?

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

oh my, be careful!! I took have fallen hard while running (in fact, I just did that the other day, haha). I hope your ankle continues to heal, and that you're able to calm your nerves and have fun in the race!! best of luck!! :0)