NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Friday, June 08, 2007

First Tri of the Season is Tomorrow....

.... and I'm a little nervous.

I've trained hard. My swimming has gotten faster with better technique that I've learned from Master Swim. I've been spinning at least twice a week, which I think will make me a faster cyclist. And, in spite of my iliotibial band issues, my running has been okay, with our run coach giving me some suggestions on tweaking my form and kicking my butt on a few tempo/speed workouts.

But, other than running, the vast majority of my training has been indoors. I've only cycled outside once all season. And I haven't done a single outdoor swim.

We'll see how this all translates tomorrow at the Hyannis Sprint Triathlon.

5 comments:

Sheree' said...

Good luck Doc. No matter how you do, you can pat yourself on your back for a job well done! I am proud of you not giving up when it got tough.

um yeah said...

Good luck. You've worked hard--you should be proud of that regardless of the outcome.

Mary said...

Good luck! My tri is July 1st. I'm getting nervous!

Jen said...

You're going to do great! I think spinning is great prep for the bike portion -- and you've got enough experience with the open water swimming & biking that you'll adapt fine. Adrenaline does wonders :-) I can't wait to read about how it goes. Good luck!

KleoPatra said...

Go get 'em, H!!! i am so excited for you. i'm sending gooooooood vibes your way.

Also, please e-mail me soon so we can discuss "I Love L.A." plans to meet somewhere. i am SO EXCITED yer headed West. YAY!

Remember, if at first you don't succeed, TRI TRI AGAIN!! (Bad pun, i know!)

Looking forward to hearing how it went for you...