NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Pat's Beans and Greens -- Vegan Style


I picked this recipe up at Wegman's. It includes chicken broth, poultry sausage, and cheese. I've substituted mushroom broth and Tofurky sausage, and of course omitted the cheese. For the sake of good health, I also substituted whole wheat penne pasta. It came out good, but in retrospect I would have used vegetable broth instead.

Cook 1/2 lb of whole wheat penne pasta and set aside. Sautee 4 crushed cloves of garlic and 2 chopped Tofurky sausages in 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Then add 3 cans of canellini beans and 24 oz of broth. Cook for 20 minutes, then add 1/2 bag of escarole and cook for 15 more minutes. Add the pasta, stir, and serve.

1 comment:

Harmonia said...

Totally love your blog! I am going to link you today so I can visit often!!!
Harmonia
http://harmonia.blogsome.com