NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Monday, December 19, 2005

Patty Pan Squash with Carrot Stuff

Lunch at work today. This Patty Pan Squash with Leeks is about the easiest thing in the world to make. Take some Basting Oil and smear it on the bottom of a pan. Then add the leeks and patty pan squash -- for that matter you could add just about any other veggie or tofu -- and pour a little more oil on the top. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Accompanying it is some leftover Carrot Stuff from last night and a couple of home-baked chocolate chip cookies. The cookies are from the book Sinfully Vegan and are the easiest chocolate chip cookie recipe ever! They consist of barley flour (sounds weird, I know, but it works!), canola oil, semi-sweet chocolate chips, vanilla, and maple syrup.

Have a good one... and if you know of a good Hanukkah gift for a 90 year-old grandmother, drop me a line!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Hey, doc, I'm another vegan blogger (suppersinglegirl.blogspot.com), and as for what to get a 90-year-old Jewish grandmother, I say, bake her something! Check out Sarah Kramer's books, "How it all Vegan!" "Garden of Vegan" (both co-authored with Tanya Barnard) and "La Dolce Vegan!"

VeganHeartDoc said...

Glad to see another vegan blogger! I love "How it All Vegan" -- one of my favorite cookbooks that I keep on my kitchen counter.

Anonymous said...

Those squash are adorable--can you find them in regular grocery stores?

VeganHeartDoc said...

Yes, I got the patty pan squash from a "regular" grocery store. :)