NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Portobello Mushrooms with Sweet Potato Lemon Chips


This is a portobello mushroom cap (actually, I ate two of them) coated with a mixture of tempura, olive oil, and balsalmic vinaigrette, and baked at 400 on each side for about 7 minutes. The sliced sweet potatoes are coated with lemon olive oil and seasoned with some sea salt and ground pepper and baked for about 25 minutes.

Right now, I'm in leftover mode, as I'm heading to Orlando for work at the end of the week and will be gone for 10 days. That means I need to get rid of as much perishable stuff as possible, which will include the other half of this sweet potato, broccoli, onion, and a quarter of an eggplant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love eggplant. I just have no idea how to cook it or how to store it...assuming I pick a fresh one in the first place.

Suggestions? :-)

Danielle said...

I love portabello mushrooms and sweet potatoes. I'll have to try that sometime. It sounds so delish.

Where in Orlando will you be staying? I grew up in the Altamonte Springs area and still have family there.

VeganHeartDoc said...

I'll be staying in Lake Buena Vista, near Downtown Disney, and I'll be at the hotel where my 9-day course will be taking place. So, not a lot of daytime hours to explore the area, but decent weather to go running outside, which is something you can't really do this time of year in the northern climates.