NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Monday, March 27, 2006

Cooking Eggplant

To answer Lisa's question, I have two ways that I cook eggplant:

1) Oven -- Pierce the eggplant several times with a fork, coat in olive oil and place in the oven at 450 degrees for 45 minutes. Let the eggplant cool. Then, slice it in half and use a fork to comb the eggplant out. It will be soft and stringy.

2) Stovetop -- Keeping in mind that eggplant takes longer to cook than other vegetables, I add it first. I cut it into small pieces and sautee in oil, wine, marinade, or pasta sauce for about 15-20 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah. I think I must have just not cooked it long enough. Most of it was of the consistency I expected (stringy) but there were still some parts that were a little stiff. Thanks. :-)

And while we're on the topic, any hints for picking good ones at the store?

Anonymous said...

I hate to be whiney but you never answered my question about the garlic sesame sauce you used in a couple of posts below. It sounds awesome.