NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Running!!!!!!


I ran my first 5K of the season this morning and scored a personal record for me, 28:15, which was second place for women ages 30-34. Ok it's not great, but it's 25 seconds faster than my best time before that. I'm very excited about it because I've been working on my speed this winter.

I was hoping to break 28 minutes. And, if it weren't 50 degrees this morning and my Indian food from last night wasn't giving me serious gastrointestinal problems, I'll bet I would have been faster.

This picture is from a year ago, a different 5K. If you weren't wiser, you'd think with my goofy grin that I had won the thing, but I was just muggin' it up for the camera.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...congrats! That's pretty fast....especially with Indian food bouncing around in your tummy. Training for anything else this year? I've got my first marathon at the end of May...I'm terrified.

runswithdog said...

I do not remember how I found your blog, probably a link from somewhere :-) I have been checking it out from time to time. What a great time!!! I am very impressed. My fastest 5k time is 31:59 (I was so thrilled to break 32 minutes LOL) and I am shooting for below 31 this year. Hope I can do it but running is always a struggle for me. Good job, keep it up!

KleoPatra said...

GREAT JOB VEGANDOC!!! You did a stellar job! I am proud of you! My 5K PR is what I did a few weeks ago. I am really happy for you doing that today. Nice goin'! *clapping*

So now, Megan will be next for the PR... her marathon PR... and Megan, the good thing about it being your first marathon is that it will BE your PR!!! And the next one you do, you can break that time. And trac, cute dog in your avatar there! Running has always been a struggle for me as well and I've been running pretty steadily for almost 25 years... Good for you to get out there and run your best.

Anyway, VeganDoc, i hope you celebrate yourself and the wonderful accomplishment!

Flo @ Yielded Heart said...

Hi there!
I hopped here from Kleopatra's blog and just have to say congrats. That was impressive!

runswithdog said...

kleopatra,

That little guy is my Angus. He is a piece of work! I do run with one of my dogs, Momo, who is a greyhound. Want to get comments from bystanders? Try running a 10:30 m/m with a greyhound :-) He practically walks alongside me. Thanks for the encouragement. Here's hoping that VeganDoc gets her sub 28!