NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Wegmans Cruelty


Wegmans is our big local grocery chain. They're progressive in that they carry a variety of vegetarian and vegan staple foods, sell organic produce, and stock many cruelty-free cosmetics and toiletries. However, they are in the dark ages when it comes to egg production. Learn more at wegmanscruelty.com, and do your part by either not buying eggs or buying only cage-free eggs.

3 comments:

KleoPatra said...

Two thumbs way down on Wegmans and other stores of their ilk, of which unfortunately there are many. Trader Joes finally got with the program re: eggs and the way chickens are treated.

I'm thankful I'm allergic to eggs so I've never been able to eat them...

After working a table for Farm Sanctuary today, I'm even more exasperated at things like this than ever. Glad, however, to help get the word out to the general public about the chickens' (and other farm animals') plight.

Thanks for the post, VeganDoc.

Harmonia said...

Hi! I'm back after a week and a half of emotions.

I've heard of this with Wegman. I feel bad shopping there but it is the only place I can buy vegan alternatives and I still have to drive 50 or so minutes to get there. I only go there every month or 2 or so but I don't have any other closer options. The closest whole foods place is about an hour and a half away...and I can only go there on weekends and less than the Wegmans. Blah!

Danielle said...

My boyfriend tells me that his mom only buys eggs labeled as cage free. It's a step in the right direction. I appreciate anyone who tries to buy less cruel products.