NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Friday, June 16, 2006

Best Veg in Rochester

As I leave for Boston in one week, here are the seven best veg-friendly places in Rochester. If you are a Rochester native, or have ever driven through Rochester, let me know what you think:

Organic Alley -- Great organic food and many vegan options. Try the Zen Delight. Mmmmm.
The King and I and Pattaya Thai -- Thai food in Henrietta and Penfield respectively. Each has a full page vegetarian (and I believe also all vegan) menu.
Thali of India -- I will definitely miss Friday nights at Thali with my friends Alison and Adam, our favorite waiter Bruno, and guitar by Ryan and Jack. Many items on their long list of vegetarian menu items are vegan, and others can be made vegan. I recommend the Channa Palak made vegan.
Two Paisans -- A pizza and wing place with a full vegan menu. Try a pizza with seitan on it -- it's quite good. I have yet to try their vegan trash plate, but it is on my "to do" list before I leave this town.
Mex -- On trendy Alexander Street, Mex is nouveau Mexican cuisine. The Adobo Tofu is very good, and they have fajitas that can be made of tofu, seitan, or vegetables.
Aladdin's -- Middle Eastern food, with many healthier options. I love their vegetarian chili. They also have a veggie combo plate for which you can choose several different sides to make for a filling dinner.

4 comments:

funwithyourfood said...

Oh wow what a find!!
I'm going to my grandparents house in July and they live in upstate NY. About an hour or 2 from Rochester. I'm flying in thru Rochester though so maybe I can convince them to a dinner out on the town. Great post!


Teddy

Kuntal Joisher said...

thali of india sounds yummmm!! there are 5 indian restaurants like in a miles radius from my place.. and all of them serve non-veg food :-( .. and actually have an extensive non-veg menu :-((

t. said...

Now I am officially:
1- hungry!!!
2- angry! (well sort of): why there are no vegan friendly places like that in the areas I lived into???
I want to know everything about the trash plate!

VeganHeartDoc said...

Awww Adam.... I'm sorry! You only recently joined us on our trips. I will add your name to the post.