NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Michigan Salad


I based this loosely on a salad that I've eaten at The Honey Tree, a restaurant chain in metro Detroit. Theirs has dried cranberries, nuts, and mandarin orange slices. Mine has dried cranberries, cashew pieces, avocado, and a sesame ginger dressing.

As bizarre as it sounds, I'm a vegan who doesn't really like salads. Lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, and tomatoes don't do much for me. But if you can make it a funky salad, with a little fruit or avocado or something out of the ordinary, then I'll love it.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm the same way...I don't usually make salads, and their usually the kind of recipe I'd skip over. But I don't mind a salad with a good balsamic vinaigrette every once in a while. I've actually never had mandarins in a salad before...its high time I try it!