NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Monday, March 19, 2007

Back in the Pool

Master Swim is at 6:30 am. And I am not a morning person. So when the alarm went off at 5:30, I almost slammed it down, until I remembered that I had packed everything the night before.

I found a spot in the slowest lane, me and two other women. Having not swam in 2 months, I was apprehensive. The first 200 meters were tough; I wanted to just die about 150 meters into the warm-up. But then, somehow, it all came back. I think I swam about 1600 meters in an hour.

I was halfway through any given set, and I'd look over and the other lane swimmers were done, eagerly standing at the edge of the pool ready to do the next set. And here I'd have another 100 meters or so to swim.

I like our coach. She has lots of good feedback, even for us in the slow lane. For me, I guess I keep my arms straight under the water. I'll work on fixing that.

Tri training has begun.... Hyannis Sprint in June, here I come!

4 comments:

um yeah said...

"I was halfway through any given set, and I'd look over and the other lane swimmers were done, eagerly standing at the edge of the pool ready to do the next set. And here I'd have another 100 meters or so to swim."

My swim team experience exactly. Good for you for getting back into training and at such an ungodly hour too!

Jen said...

Wow! Great first swim workout of the season! It took me WEEKS to work up to 1600! Way to go :-) I'm trying to figure out what to do with my arms during the pull, too.

KleoPatra said...

Awesome!!

jessibeaucoup said...

I googled 'debunk morning heart attack risk' and came across your blog. Can you please answer a question for me? My husband's boss told him that he shouldn't workout in the morning because men have a higher risk of heart attack in the morning. Is this true?? It sounds far-fetched to me but I'm having difficulty finding anything on it one way or the other.

Thanks for your time,
Jess