NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Gift Dilemma

I'm looking to purchase a gift for someone, on behalf of not just me, but from a group of us. Someone close to the recipient came to me and said, "Get him one of these. He's been begging me to get him one."

The item that has been suggested to me is made of leather. I do not purchase or wear leather -- it is a cruel industry that is not just a byproduct of meat and its production destroys the environment. I shopped all over the internet and in Boston for a non-leather version, and was not successful.



The route of least resistance would be to just buy the leather item, which I found in a store in Downtown Boston. And, for a moment, I thought about just buying it and saving myself time and aggravation. In good conscience, though, I just can't do it. I have another gift idea that I think will work well, and I'm going to go with that.

To learn more about where leather comes from, click here.

2 comments:

KleoPatra said...

YOU ROCK!!

Thank you, H, for being the way you are. You make me feel there is hope in this crazy world, you do...

Sheree' said...

Thank you for a wonderful post exposing such an awful treatment in animals. I am sickened over this. I do my best not to purchase any products that contain leather since going vegan. I hope millions of people read your post!!!