NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Light at the End of the Tunnel

I graduated from medical school in 1999. Since then, with the exception of a year that I worked as a hospitalist, I have been in training. First internal medicine residency, then cardiology fellowship, and now interventional cardiology fellowship. I am a PGY-7 -- a trainee in post-graduate year 7.

Some say that medicine is a delayed adolescence. Or, as Dr. Callie Torres from "Grey's Anatomy" said, we're "children with scalpels".

This year, I will be finishing my training. I now know what I want to do and where I want to go. It's been a long journey to figure it out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so interesting. Makes me regret marrying young--should have gone out and seen the world !
Love your blog, and good for you for what you do!

XE said...

Wow - I can't imagine finally being done all of that training! It must be so exciting!

Cate said...

congrats of finishing (almost!) your training! I had a similar converstaion with our pedi the other day. she is about our age. We are THRILLED that she took the time for all of that training b/c she takes great care of our kids!

Anonymous said...

Wise decision.

chick pea said...

haha... i was considering that as well..

likley headed back home to socal

we'll meet up when you're working there i'm sure..

and i'm sure i'll drag you to live there forever...

Danielle said...

Good luck to you! I hope it works out.