NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Fuel

We all have those products that we rely on for performance. Here are mine:

PureFit Bars
These bars are amazing!  They have anywhere from 200-240 calories, 18 grams of protein, and less than two grams of saturated fat per bar.  They are perfect fuel in the middle of my afternoon.  Today I ate one to refuel as I was losing steam on a tough hill climb on my bike -- it worked!!!  PureFit bars are vegan, kosher certified, and gluten-free.  I just ordered six boxes online -- http://www.purefit.com/

Vega Sport Performance Protein
This stuff is fabulous for refueling after a tough workout.  One scoop has 110 calories and 20 grams of protein, including branch chain amino acids.  The instructions on the package say to mix one scoop with a cup of water.  I prefer to mix it with water and a splash of orange juice, or better yet with a soy yogurt.
Clif Shot Bloks
On a long run or bike ride, it's critical to take in fuel and electrolytes.  Clif Bloks are easy to ingest.  Three blocks contains 100 calories, 70 mg sodium, 20 mg potassium, and 24 grams of carbohydrates.  I love the fact that the blocks are not messy like gels.  And, they're tasty, kind of like gummi bears!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I might need to put the PureFit Peanut Butter crunch bar on my 'to buy' list for when I eventually build up to longer endurance sessions. They seem to be available in Australia and the PureFit Peanut Butter crunch doesn't seem to have almonds like the rest of the flavours (I'm only mildly alergic so the 'made in the same factory' warnings don't usually matter). Thanks for the recommendation.

AJP said...

I bring vegan gummy bears with me on my long runs. :)

Vegan Valerie said...

Thanks for these reviews, Heather! I only just finished a glass of the chocolate flavor Vega drink mix when I got home from Zumba Fitness tonight. I really liked it! Although I don't know if everybody would. And that's a great idea-- tossing the drink mix powder into some yogurt!