NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Saturday, May 05, 2012

What Next?

Having been a multisport athlete for a few years, I feel like I am still evolving.  I used to love treadmill runs.  Then I found myself enjoying road running.  This past year, I've been introduced to trail running.

Trail running and I haven't necessarily gotten along so well.  I've scraped up my knees and scuffed up my hands from a few falls.  On one trail run that I had intended to be out and back, I ended up completely lost, and were it not for the GPS on my phone, there would have been a search and rescue party looking for me.

But there are some real benefits of trail running.  The views are awesome.  The terrain is gentler on the joints.  And there's a certain sense of adventure to getting on trails.

I did my first trail race in January of this year, the Boney Mountain Half Marathon.  Then last weekend I completed the Malibu Creek Challenge 22K race, 14 miles with nearly 3000 feet of climbing.

Having completed both of those events, I have decided on my next challenge -- an ultramarathon.

I am now signed up for Bulldog 50K on August 25.  It's about 31 miles, basically two loops of the Malibu Creek Challenge, in August, in what could be 100 degree heat.  This is one of the tougher races, but I figure, go big or go home, right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love trails! Glad you're considering an Ultra.