NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Low(er) Fat Spinach Dip


I've made a spinach dip that goes over really well with non-vegetarians at parties, who doubt that something so yummy could really be vegan. However, it's loaded with fat, so I don't make it at home for myself... until now.

This evening I was playing around in my kitchen, and I have a revised recipe for a more healthy, less fattening spinach dip:

One pound frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
One can of chopped water chestnuts
Two tablespoons Vegenaise (vegan mayonaise)
Two tablespoons Tofutti Better-Than-Sour Cream (vegan sour cream)
One and a half teaspoons of soup mix (I use Croyden House kosher imitation chicken soup powder)

Mix it all up in a bowl, put it in the fridge for a couple hours, and serve. The big difference is that the original recipe calls for a half of a cup each of Vegenaise and Tofutti sour cream.

1 comment:

Harmonia said...

Oh YUM!


Thanks for the comments an encouragement! Glad to hear I'm not alone!