NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Half Marathon Training Progress

There are 17 days until the half marathon. My longest run has been 11 miles, which I finished in two hours. That's a pace of 10:54. I felt great afterward. Now my goal is to get faster. I want to run the half marathon in 2:10; that's 9 minutes faster than my time almost 5 years ago when I last ran one. So, Mary has me doing speedwork and things of that sort. This morning I sprinted and then hopped on one foot 30 times and then hopped on the other foot 30 times. I must have looked really weird.

Did I mention that I love being in Boston? I can't think of a better place to run than the Esplanade. Seeing the river and all the other runners who are crazy like me at 7 am is inspiring.

As you can see, the cooking comes in spurts. I'm clearly not in one of those spurts right now, though I was tempted to bake some chocolate chip cookies. Maybe tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally thought about you when I saw this on Kleopatra's site. Have you checked it out?

http://support.pcrm.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pcrm_worst_commercials&JServSessionIda006=2gtqj6o2b1.app12d

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, Vegan Doc. I am so inspired by your running and training. I can't wait till you do the half marathon!!! GO YOU!

Anonymous said...

Happy training! Glad you're loving your new home.