NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I Now Understand the Garbage Plate


This is a Vegan Trash Plate from Two Paisans. It's based on the Garbage Plate, a creation of restaurant Nick Tahou's. This has french fries, macaroni salad (made with Vegenaise), and crumbled veggie burger, all topped with hot sauce, ketchup, onions, and mustard. I used to roll my eyes at this creation and the following that it has in Rochester, but now I understand -- it is quite yummy! This version is a bit healthier, though it would be a stretch to call it "heart healthy".


And, for the nice people who helped me load my moving truck (Dad, Mom, Rick, Karlyn, Mark, Mike, Rosie, and Ben -- you guys rock; and Kevin who extended his work trip to help me, I couldn't imagine carrying a couch up three flights of stairs with anyone else), I ordered pizza, also from Two Paisans. This is topped with spinach, broccoli, roasted red peppers, and vegan cheese.

For those of you in Rochester, please patronize the vegan menu at Two Paisans. It's nice to have so many vegan options at a place like this.

7 comments:

urban vegan said...

wow--and you haven't even been in the 'hood very long. what a score!

KleoPatra said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Nice!!! Wow, i'm loving what i see. Bet you loved it too! Yay, VeganDoc!!! Go, you!

Kuntal Joisher said...

yummmmmmm!!!! very nifty!!

VeganHeartDoc said...

Urban Vegan -- nope not in Boston... in Rochester, believe it or not!

t. said...

And to me the Garbage Plate does sound as great as the name promised to be!
Hope you enjoyed all thsi great food!

Jody from VegChic said...

Garbage plate...interesting. I may give a version of this a try this weekend with oven baked fries to make it a tiny bit healthier.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap that trash plate looks good. And I'm not even vegan--or vegetarian for that matter. I think if i ever ate that, I might need your catheterization services immediately afterwards, though.