NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Learning My Way Around Town

I've always found that the best way to learn my way around a new town is to run it or bike it. So, I'm incorporating my running and biking into figuring out this wacky town.

The runs are like this: I run where I feel like running. If I see other runners, I run in their direction. If traffic is clear in another direction, that's the way I run. And there are a lot of runners in this town, very good runners, who leave an amateur like me in the dust.

Biking has had its hazards so far. I took my bike out this morning early, like 7:45 am, but unfortunately the traffic was already out. Then I headed out to the Charles River, where lots of people were out. Too many people. Then as I hit the end of the path in Cambridge, I had no choice but to cross the river, and then got lost in CONSTRUCTION!!!!! I need to find some better bike routes in Boston.

As for swimming, I joined the YMCA across the street. On days when I'm in a happy mood, I love to swim. When I'm not, like today when I was full of nerves, it wasn't a good swim. In a pool, I'm a prisoner of my thoughts. There's no music and no change in scenery.

Okay.... tomorrow I'll have my computer hooked up to the internet, and I'll post some actual vegan food!!! Today I made a tahini dip with maple syrup and ground flax seeds. Sounds funky but tasted really good. More on that tomorrow.

5 comments:

lonna said...

I've been getting lost in my car as my way of exploring our new home. I'd love to walk around, but it's hard with a 2 year old when you live right next to a highway. Next time we move, I can check things out that way.

I hope that things go better next time you're out on your bike.

urban vegan said...

sounds like you're getting used to your new 'hood. enjoy!

Jody from VegChic said...

Welcome to Boston. I live south of the city. There are plenty of bike trails here for you.

Maybe this will help Bike Trails

Looking forward to more of your posts.

funwithyourfood said...

when i first moved i was really nervious about running and biking here. I didn't know the area and I'm so clumsy, I just KNOW I'm going to get hit by a car haha.
good news- I've survived 3 months here!

Teddy

KleoPatra said...

Way to get started in your new digs. I'm sure you'll be an old pro at finding your way around and finding great places to bike and run before you know it.

I'm the same way with swimming!!

Go Vegan Doc!