NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Monday, June 05, 2006

Salad and Sandwich


I don't like salads. At least not the traditional variety -- I don't like cucumbers, carrots, or tomatoes, and the traditional salad dressings never really did much for me. However, I'm all for an interesting salad with nontraditional ingredients. This one has some mixed field greens, kidney beans, golden raisins. I've topped it with my "homemade" Thousand Island salad dressing, which is a mixture of Vegenaise and Heinz ketchup.

For the sandwich, I've used Montana Mills whole wheat bread. Inside is Tofurky, hummus, and avocado.

Salad and sandwich. A little unconventional. But done my way.

7 comments:

Harmonia said...

Very creative!!! Loving it!

:)

KleoPatra said...

I can hear Frank Sinatra (or was it Tom Jones?) singing, "I did it MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!"

Nice!!!!

I have to tell ya that the word verification I am using to post this to you ends in "tov" - hmmmmmm... wonder if that's a "good" sign. Hee hee...

Anonymous said...

I hear yah...I hate a boring traditional salad. I need lots of substance in my salad if it's gonan fill me up. And, avocado always makes everything better.

funwithyourfood said...

I like kidney beans in my salad too.. have you ever tried adding some fakin' bacon to it? it's great!

Teddy

MeloMeals said...

I think it looks delicious

kaivegan said...

VeganDoc,

This comment is being sent to everyone on my bloglist or those that link to me, that I know of:

My blog got hijacked yesterday. (How, I don't know.) Please delete that from your list or you could change it to

http://kaivegan.com

where a new blog is housed.

Thanks and apologies for the inconvenience.

kaivegan said...

It's such a task for me to eat the "regular" salad, too.

I remember that you don't like salad dressings either, except the thousand island one.