NEW LOCATION!

MY NEW OFFICE --
18663 Ventura Blvd, Suite 202, Tarzana CA 91356
818-938-9505

Monday, May 29, 2006

Cold Food for a Hot Day


It was hot today -- over 90 degrees! I was in no mood to fire up the oven.

The hummus is supposedly California Pizza Kitchen's recipe. It's probably the best hummus that I've ever made in my kitchen. I also made my version of a spinach dip. Most recipes for vegan spinach dip call for a lot of Vegenaise and vegan sour cream. I use a pound of spinach, about a tablespoon and a half of Vegenaise, and then add water chestnuts and soup mix to give it flavor so you don't miss the extra fat.

5 comments:

KleoPatra said...

Love all that garlic in the hummus. I like your idea to lower the fat in the spinach dip, too, VeganDoc.

Harmonia said...

Yup! It was 92 here as well! I LOVED IT!

Actually made some of Vive Le Vegan's Avocado Cashew Sauce! Yum!

Anonymous said...

I may be putting your idea to get use this week as we are supposed to be hiting triple digits, yiks! Definitely no cooking happening in my kitchen this week. I need to prepare a few things today so all I have to do is throw together a light soup and salads.

MeloMeals said...

I love that you are a doctor and a vegan. So many doctors have no clue about nutrition..

Jen said...

Yum! Looks like a very tasty dinner.

I love your blog :) What a lovely blend of food/nutrition/and politics! Funny how they go together... I'd love to hear more about your triathlon training, too.